1. The name of the Club shall be "Backwell Tennis Club".
2. There shall be TEN Committee members including : 1) Chairman 2) Secretary 3) Treasurer 4) Men’s Captain 5) Ladies' Captain 6) Membership Secretary 7) Junior Representative - all of whom shall be elected annually.
The Club may also elect to have a President, if a suitable candidate is available, but it is not a requirement. The President can be nominated by the committee and will then stand until endorsed at the following AGM. The President will then be subject to re-election on an annual basis.
3. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to two additional members until the next Annual General Meeting.
4. The Annual General Meeting shall be held between 15 October and 30 November.
5. Classes of membership shall be decided by the Annual General Meeting or by the Committee as necessary.
6. Membership application shall be made to the Membership Secretary.
7. The subscriptions shall be fixed at each Annual General Meeting and shall be payable by 30th April. Any subscription not paid at this date shall be increased by £10.00 and if any member should fail to pay their subscription by the end of September then their membership shall terminate.
8. All members agree as a condition of club membership to be bound by, and subject to, the rules of the club as set out herein and the rules and disciplinary code of the Lawn Tennis Association which can be found on their website at lta.org.uk.
9. Members may bring visitors on payment of £3 for adults and £1.00 for juniors. The same visitors may not be brought more than three times in any season. Names of visitors must be entered in the Attendance Register.
10. Notice of seven days shall be given for an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club. An Extraordinary General Meeting shall be called upon the written request of one third of the members or at the discretion of the Committee.
11. The quorum for a General Meeting shall be fifteen.
12. All playing members and parents of junior members shall be entitled to be present and to speak at any General Meeting. Playing members, if aged 18 or over, will be eligible to vote at any General Meeting. In the event of an equality of votes, the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote.
13. Any proposed alteration of the rules must be in the hands of the Honorary Secretary twenty one days before a General Meeting.
14. The decision of the Committee shall be final in all matters relating to the conduct and management of the Club.
15. The accounting period shall run from 1 October to 30 September of the following year.
16. In the event of dissolution of the Club, all remaining assets after liabilities, to be given to a like minded organisation.
17. Borrowing Powers - If at any time the Club in general meeting passes a resolution authorising the
Committee to borrow money, the Committee may borrow for the purposes of the Club the amount of money authorised and at the rates of interest in the form and manner and upon the security specified in the resolution.
17.1. Every member of the Club, whether they vote on a resolution authorising borrowing or not and everyone becoming a member of the Club after passing of such a resolution, is deemed to have assented to the resolution as if they had voted in favour of it.
17.2. The amount of money borrowed from time to time shall not exceed £40,000.